Degree for Museology Division:
Master of Arts (MA) awarded
Submit material for evaluation (70%; please refer to the list below for details on required materials) and interview (30%; for applicants who cannot travel to Taiwan for the interview, the interview can be conducted via phone or video conference).
(1) Applicants from non-Chinese language countries must submit either proof of Chinese language proficiency or documents proving having taken Chinese lessons.
(2) 1 resume in English or Chinese (A4 paper, typed).
(3) 1 autobiography in Chinese (A4 paper typed, roughly 1000 words)
(4) 4 copies of study plan in English or Chinese (the study plan must include an outline, plan content and list of references. It should be typed on A4 paper, roughly 3000 words in length).
(5) Students applying for the Conservation of Cultural Relics Division must also submit a portfolio comprising works created within the past two years or at least 10 graphic work files (For major in restoration of paper-based cultural relics and oriental painting, works of craft art, painting, or paperwork are accepted; for major in restoration of oil paintings and wooden cultural relics, painting or works of craft art are accepted; for major in restoration of ceramics and stone cultural relics, 3-dimensional pieces and works of traditional craft are accepted).
Admission to this division is further divided into the following majors:
(1) restoration of paper-based cultural relics and oriental painting
(2) restoration of oil paintings and wooden cultural relics
(3) restoration of ceramics and stone cultural relics
‧ Applicants must choose a major at the time of application. The application of those who do not select a major will not be accepted.
‧ Museology Division
Duration of Study: 2-4 years Credits: 45
‧ Conservation of Cultural Relics Division
Duration of Study: 3-4 years
Graduate Institute of Conservation of Cultural Relics and Museology
Tel: +886-6-6930100 Ext 2641
Conservation of Cultural Relics Division
Tel: +886-6-6930100 Ext 2670